Saturday, April 12, 2014

Frozen over-rated!

It's really not a surprise that I did not like the movie "Frozen". Where could I start? Okay, number one: It's an f-ing musical. I am not a fan! I am not a broadway enthusiast. I hate show tunes. My disgust is real and I understand that this sets me apart from apparently most people - or at least the people that speak up. No offense to those very talented performers! Great for them that they have that talent and that there is an audience that continually pays money to see it. I am not one of them. 

Number two: I'm not a fan of the "I'm a girl and therefore a princess" mentality. I am already annoyed at the prospect of seeing a hoard of girls young and old dressing up as Elsa for Halloween. I like strong female characters - like Arya and Khalessi on Game of Thrones - not wussy petite princesses with pointy shoes, and frilly dresses.
That's just me.

Number three: It was such a girlie girl movie! It was too much - like a Thomas Kincaid painting! and it perpetuated the idea that you have to be pretty to have value. 

Number four: What was the moral to the story exactly? Elsa "froze" out her sister for most of her life - runs away to be this lone princess in a frozen castle - which she seemed to enjoy (by the way) - and then comes back to town to realize that Elsa loves her... It's a stupid story.

I'm disappointed! I finally had my parents and my youngest child in one room on Friday movie night - and I feel let down. My 9 year old loved it. Thankfully, he's a boy. I don't think I could handle a daughter who loved it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment