Wednesday, September 9, 2015

emotional rescue

I just adopted an 8 year old Saint Bernard. Her name is Daisy Mae (Mae Mae) and she is amaezing! (see how I did that) She's 96 pounds and all love - does not drool and generally just likes to be by my side all day long. Luckily I work from home.

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid. I loved my dog - Barney - but one day he just disappeared and never came home.

Over the years I've had 7 cats (Eliot, Daisy, Harlequin, Llyon, Quita, Cookie and Snowball), a lop-eared rabbit named Claudia (omg she was the cutest thing ever), 2 cockatiels, 2 finches, 1 piranha, 1 boa constrictor, 1 python, gold fish, 2 ferrets (Roxy and Leo).

I think I have a thing about rescuing things. I look at all of those Syrian refugees and want to develop a program that pairs people like me to refugee families needing a home. Personally I would open my home to a family - as long as they had government assistance I could happily provide them with a home - lord knows I don't even use half my house.

I know it's crazy in a way but think of how awesome it would be to help those beautiful people.

I've been thinking a lot about Jesus lately. I'm not religious (I'm spiritual - lol) but this County Clerk in Kentucky who was jailed for refusing to grant marriage certificates to same sex couples got me thinking. On the one hand I think it's such a perverse translation of Christianity to pass judgment. Wasn't Christ all about acceptance. Wasn't he born in a barn because no one would take his poor pregnant mother in? I see this form of Christianity that they are teaching as bastardized (no pun intended) as the beliefs of radical islam - and systematically no less dangerous.

On the other hand, there should be a law in place that deals with her conscious objection without putting her in jail. Talk about an overreaction and ironic - since martyrdom is synonymous with Christianity. Or something like that.

I was raised Catholic. Received communion, confirmation... all seven sacraments (most I can't recall off the top of my head). I loved the stories of Jesus and how he was so forgiving and caring of the less fortunate. To see the supporters of this County Clerk defend her you would think she was jailed for refusing to do something loving. This one woman I saw interviewed on the news was so proud of this woman and her faith for "standing up for what was right"... and I found it surreal. Very much like the Twilight Zone.

It's 4 am and I can't sleep. This is what I think about between redesigning my kitchen/living room to be open concept.

I want to evangelize the evangelicals. Whoever has been teaching those Christians are evil.

I love the Pope Francis. I'll be in Italy when he comes to the east coast - probably at the Vatican - so excited!

No, I never go to church, I don't call myself a Catholic or Christian anymore but I believe in the stories I was taught about how Jesus loved... and I have to say that the core of who I am is just that... and that is totally not to say that I am not flawed or wrong sometimes or don't believe in other religions but the things that I believe all come down to those basic principals.

Love unto others ...








No comments:

Post a Comment