Sunday, March 30, 2014

Game of Thrones binge re-watch 2014

I've been binge re-watching the entire 3 seasons of Game of Thrones to prepare myself for the new season, starting next Sunday night.

It's been enlightening, due to the fact that I did not read the books and typically have trouble remembering narrative. The second watch is so much better than I expected! I am putting things together that I never understood before and even though I know what happens at the culmination of the last season - it doesn't feel like a spoiler alert.

Currently, I am on Season 3 episode 5... and the Khalessi is undoubtable the true Queen of the Realm, and not one of the Kings or Queens even knows that she is a threat. There she is with her Dragons... and legions of warriors - all fighting as free men for her. How could she lose - it is right for her to claim the Iron Throne.

I'm afraid to know what happens in Season 4 because I've heard that the author is merciless.

It's been looking like Winterfell around here lately. I don't want to complain but we have had a hellish winter here in the Northeast and now that it seems as if the cold and snow have lifted, what we are left with is gloom and rain. It's enough to put my house up for sale and move somewhere with endless sunshine.

It is providing an opportunity to stay in doors and take advantage of the binge watch though. Adding to that my love of cooking - results in a house filled with comfort food, wine, and entertainment.


It would be nice to have a fireplace in the kitchen - roaring and giving that ambient light that I see in the Casterly Rock and Kings Landing.

I have a ton of work to get done before the end of the day today for a Product Development presentation tomorrow afternoon. It will include new designs, updates of current designs and use up of old inventory programs.

I seriously to pull out the guitar today for inspiration. I've got two weeks before a mini vacation to Mexico and I have a bunch of work that needs to be done before that date comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment