Friday, January 16, 2015

dirty martini

It's been a while since I've written - seems I've been pretty busy these days! Yes, love my new car! It is awesome. Today it had it's first check up.  23,157 miles. i drove to Englewood (of course there was construction and a 3 mile back up on Route 80) but it was fine, I left early...

It was nice to see everyone at the dealership. They're all so friendly there...and of course my car was just fine.

Went to my second guitar lesson and for the first half hour while my 10 year old son had his lesson I went to play some guitars in the main area of the store. One of the regulars had come in and wanted to show me some Taylor guitar... and I played a few of my "standards" -

It was fun, even though I knew that I am not very good yet (understatement) - I have a lot of heart. There was a Martin that I tried too - I think it was $2,200 ... and I was beginning to think that the guy who led me in there was trying to sell me a guitar, even though "he didn't work there"... whatever, I still had fun regardless of what may have been his agenda. The suggestion that I should go to open mike night kind of tipped me off.

My guitar teacher is adorable. Regardless of this fact, he is a really good teacher and I have already started learning new things and have found a renewed inspiration for playing again. He's probably 22ish - plays folk music (as far as I know)... I have to look him up - and maybe go see him play. Definitely have to go see him play.

I'm enjoying getting to know the staff in this place - an eclectic group - one guy came in and played Jane's Addiction... he's good, I always enjoy hearing him play and I like his tattoos. Maybe he can fix up my Gibson ... it's hard to play because the action is too high (?) I have so much to learn.

Came home and played again - love love love

I listened to alt-j all the way to Englewood today - a friend told me he thought that Nara was vapid. I don't see that at all. I love that song. That and Taro. The concert last month was amazing. We saw them at the Beacon had awesome seats and stayed at the Jane that night... By the way, love the Jane - it feels like our home away from home, but the bartender was so f-ing nasty I feel it's necessary to complain.

We stopped into the bar in the Jane after the concert to have a drink before going up to the room. the bar was empty, and we walked in and picked a cool booth in front of the bar where the bartender was standing - alone. He asked what we wanted and I asked if he could suggest something and he said "no"... what bartender does that? It was so rude the way he did it... I mean I could understand if it was busy, or if he had even one other customer but he had no one... totally rude. I still love the Jane however and will go back but that bartender needs to check himself... lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment