Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pedicures for World Peace

Saw "Birdman" last night. It was really good. An actor's movie. Who isn't growing older and questioning their relevance in the world? the daughter had it right. Who cares? own who you are.

Just finished watching Labor Day with Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. I cried. They still loved each other after not seeing each other for 20 years. wow, some story - so it ends up great, right?

Why am I obsessed with HGTV? I can't stop watching... current faves are Property Brothers, Rehab Addict, Flipping Las Vegas and Fixer Upper. Who knew that Waco was so nice! When I have trouble sleeping I think about renovation projects; an open floor plan and bedrooms with en-suite; a wrap around porch and a new back entryway. I love how the husband and wife team on flipping las vegas fight until the wife cries... i wonder if it's staged. There is always so much drama but they do love their sports cars.

I need to gut my kitchen and remodel... the floor, the countertops and the tile work. One day when I have "f-you" money - I'm going to hire someone.

Today it was a beautiful day - cold but very bright and sunny. I went to my favorite nail salon for mani-pedi, and tolerated the horrible Korean muzak that they play non-stop. One is a rendition of that Morris Albert song, "Feelings" which is wrong on many different levels. A lot of the music that came out in 1975 was awesome - this was one example that not all of it was good. The first time I heard the song being played it made me laugh, but now that it has become an earworm... not as funny.

Splurged for the "Spa-pedicure". I keep hoping that one day they'll give me a massage like the Vietnamese guy at my salon in Montclair would give me - years ago. It was almost like cheating - lol - it felt too good. I think this foot washing business could be great for world peace. Just get your enemies in a room and give each other Spa Pedicures; wash the feet; apply the exfoliating scrub; massage calves and feet; rinse; apply cooling cucumber lotion; massage thoroughly (don't forget the toes). After the warm rinse a steaming hot towel, hot oil wax wrap - then polish. It's a whole ceremony - intimate for strangers - yet perfectly respectful. I feel oddly closer to the Vietnamese and Korean communities since starting a fairly regular routine of pedicures. Seriously.

I went food shopping, went home and cooked enough food for a family of 5 for a few days. Lasagna, pork chops, a zucchini frittata and "buffalo" chicken wings.

I'm going to go make a green tea latte now - what is wrong with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment