Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An Awesome Wave

I have this alt-j song stuck in my head. It's the first song "Intro" on An Awesome Wave. I'm listened to it again (headphones on my iphone). It just mesmerizes me ... are the words just sounds or do they have meaning? I haven't looked up the lyrics because it doesn't matter what they mean because the song tells such a story jus t in the sound as it rides through meandering ...

I've been in such a mood lately - its such a relief to listen to and be able to dive into a song like its a giant ocean.

Their cover of "Lovely Day"... I can't describe why love it so much... it's a "magnetic-chemical thing" -(inside joke).

On a scale of 1-10 I was at a 7 today. Lower than my usual.

I saw a report that said that just the act of laughter is healing... and there are groups that get together, go to the desert (I'm guessing they're in the Southwest) and start the act of laughing - the physical act of... like it's therapy or more accurately exercise.

I watched Modern Family tonight and laughed so hard that it worked and I feel so much better than before.

I had a great conversation with a woman from a large Marketing Research Firm today. Went through their capabilities and talked about my specific interests and how we could possibly work together. Of course I always look at alternate options, and I just started - but its exciting and to think about the possibilities - dreaming bigger.

What is this song "Taro" about? "...do not spray - into eyes... I have sprayed you into my eyes..."
what is that instrument he's playing?!

I'm relearning how to play "...Why we fight" - the Decemberists. Not that I'm surprised but apparently I was playing the wrong chords. I was playing what I thought was C#m, A, C#m, A... A, Em, C#m, D...

I sang to it with those chords and it sounded good to me! and now I have to relearn it and it doesn't sound right to me... I went to ultimateguitar.com and found at least 10 different ways to play it and none of them sounded right to me... grrr.

Go
Seahawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment