Thursday, January 15, 2015

things you love

Inspiration is an important, otherwise life is dull and routine

I think that we've all got to start doing things that inspire us and get back into balance... the worlds been skewing so negative lately and it feels like negative is winning.

Surround yourself with things you love. Not just friends and family - but things too. I know, materialism sounds so selfish and shallow - but is it?

Religion would say that materialism is ungodly - because instead of worshipping a god you are worshipping a thing... maybe that is true in many cases but that is not what I am talking about.

For me, buying this car was like buying a piece of beautiful art that someone designed. I can look at it and admire - but also drive it and "wear" like an accessory.

It fits in with my sarinablackheart brand. A different kind of car (more practical, less stylish, the color blue...) wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't be consistent with the brand message of "love yourself".

I just found out that the day that I founded sarinablackheart llc (11.11.13) is also a major holiday in China. It is called "singles day" and the idea is that you are to buy yourself a gift. Rumor has it that alibaba's sales on Singles Day alone was in the billions. Isn't it serendipitous / coincidental / kismet - that the founding of my company - is also this particular day? I should do something with that.

I was actually thinking of promoting my business on traditional Valentines Day - to change the holiday from one of couples and romance to a love yourself with a gift instead. 

I'm not saying go out and buy so much stuff you become a hoarder... I'm saying, figure out what lights you up and figure out how to get it. Just the desire to acquire it will inspire you to think of ways to earn the extra money or come up with some creative financing.

I read an article in the New York Times about "Scarcity" that was very interesting. What I got out of it was that if your life's perspective is all about how you don't have enough... you spend all of your mental capacity managing that fear - instead, you can live in the perspective of ...say... loving yourself and with that generate positive interactions with people that will then generate a life you love. I don't think I explained that well.

Instead of 10 pairs (or 100, yikes!) of shoes... pick a few really awesome pairs or even just one absolutely fabulous pair.

Learn how to play an instrument. I taught myself how to play some chords on a guitar and it has been one of my favorite things to do to cheer myself up.

Meet new people! especially if they are different (politically, culturally). Find the things you DO have in common.

Give people the benefit of the doubt.

Refrain from saying or doing anything mean.

Be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment