Monday, February 2, 2015

vernal equinox

I'm always trying to fix things visually. I like sharp contrast, clean lines and  a surprise of saturated, vibrant color. I'm leaning towards hard black metal or pewter, black stained and varnished woods, mosaic tiles, carrara marble, freshly washed cotton, cashmere wool and silk. Shiny silver rings, bangles, chains.
The wind is blowing loud and strong out my window. It's winter for sure - no denying it. Busy time - NYC tomorrow... NYNOW at Javits. Looking forward to seeing what's out there hoping for something different. Dinner with friends might be nice.

My guitar lessons are going well. My teacher is very patient. I think you just have to be a really nice person to want to teach people. It must get very frustrating. But he just smiles and just because I want him to feel a sense of progress, I've been practicing nightly. The chords for Angus & Julia Stone's Yellow Brick Road. I am learning how to pick strings instead of only strumming chords. We're also focusing on rhythm. It's a tough song to sing and play at the same time especially since I haven't gotten the rhythm down yet... but I have made progress this week.

I came up with a funny name for a song. I guess it would have to be country? At least that is how I hear it in my head. It's called "I've got a dog named Jesus and a God named Spot". I'm not a fan of country though. The title made me laugh though. It would be so cute to have a puppy named Jesus that you could hug and love, that has unending love for you and brightens you up inside. And you could never really get mad at Jesus.

Loved the half time show at the Superbowl. I'm not a Katy Perry fan, but her music works for a big production and I was entertained. Loved Missy Elliot - that some good funky dance music. I was rooting for the Seahawks... had a little party, lots of good food too.

Today I spent the day working on an excel spreadsheet. I know! sounds boring, right? But it's a nice contrast to the creative work... I like making the formulas work - its kind of fun. 

The other night I watched Forensic files right before I fell asleep and had the worst goriest dreams ever. I have to remember not to do that again - but I do like that show. I think I would've liked to be a forensic scientist.  

Thursday I'm going to see a girlfriend I haven't seen in 7 years. We're having lunch in Lambertville.
Do we start the countdown to spring now? I'll start...

#46daystillspringtime

I need a vacation. Have I mentioned that before... oh yeah - I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment